Monday, April 18, 2011

Completing my 26th trip around the sun

Today is my 27th birthday!  It has become a tradition in my family to celebrate my birthday and my dad's birthday with a family dinner full of delicious, fresh SEAFOOD!  This year we celebrated with freshly steamed blue crabs and shrimp from Captain Greg's Seafood in Mechanicsville.

The shrimp took a beating, and the crabs didn't fair that well either. Melissa fussed at me because I "made a mess," but she doesn't realize this is the sign of a very delighted, full seafood lover.
I highly recommend trying Captain Greg's.  He has a special spice blend made somewhere in downtown Richmond.  Personally, I tend to like it a little more than Old Bay.

Our feast was ended with two delicious pies from Williams Bakery, also of Mechanicsville.  We had a fresh lemon meringue pie and chocolate meringue pie.  Thank you for a great birthday celebration! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!

2 comments: