Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have a confession to make...

Welcome to Coastal Confessions of a Seafood Lover!  This is my creative outlet to share some fun stories, personal recipes, and favorite places to find awesome seafood!  So, maybe I should share a little bit about myself.

I am a native Virginian that strongly believes some of the best seafood can be found here in the Mid-Atlantic where "Old Bay" is the king of seafood seasoning.  Lets put it this way, when I am visiting my in-laws in Savannah I become very disheartened when I cannot find spiced shrimp on the menu, and friends made me want to cry when they washed "Old Bay" off steamed blue crabs.  THEY CALL THEMSELVES SEAFOOD LOVERS! 
As I travel to new places I am always on the hunt for the best local seafood restaurant.  This will be my way of sharing some of my favorite spots.  I also love to reinterpret some of my favorite seafood dishes (and some of my favorite non-seafood dishes, as well).  Hopefully, we can share in the fun.  Please let me know of your favorite seafood places and feel free to share some great recipes, too.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogspot! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we made it into your first blog!!! Should I be impressed??? :-P Just don't like Old Bay....Sorry :( But we still love ya :) And we love being down here with you guys as we learn and enjoy new experiences!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We weary, you might make it into future posts. You guys have been a great addition and I look forward to many fun stories!

    ReplyDelete