Saturday, April 9, 2011

A recent find in Williamsburg, Virginia

On Tuesday of this week I was in Williamsburg for a work event.  The group decided to have lunch together at a place they knew called "The Backfin." I have been to Williamsburg plenty of times because it is only a 45 minute drive from home, so I cannot figure out why I didn't know about this place.  This is the best casual seafood restaurant that I can think of within driving distance of the house (But I have heard there is a place in Chester that I need to try).  The menu was nice and showed the restaurant knew it was a casual seafood place.

The bread was cornbread, which I'm not usually a huge fan of.  However, this cornbread was moist with a distinctive corn sweetness (Melissa would have loved it!).  I ordered a Caesar salad with blackened tuna.  The portion size was great and I loved the amount of blackening on the fish.  My only problem was the fish was well cooked instead of the typical medium rare that I like.

Like I said, this place will get many future visits!


3701 Strawberry Plains Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23188

5 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't even look for them. That's something Melissa would have looked for though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to check out their hush puppies if they have them! I love some good hush puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may have to check it out after the baby arrives! What's in Chester????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a place called Riptides on Ironbridge. We pass it when visiting my grandmother. Apparently, a lot of my family has gone there.

    ReplyDelete